- The U.S. Mission in Maputo/Mozambique is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Public Health Specialist (Maternal and Infant Health Team Lead)
- Job holder serves as a team lead and senior public health technical advisor to the Maternal & Child Health (MCH) Branch Chief. Job holder shares oversight responsibilities for the development and implementation of Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) of HIV and cervical cancer screening and prevention (CECAP) technical program activities and has direct responsibility for day-to-day supervision and coordination of three local employed staff members that implement the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
- Duties and responsibilities include program planning and development, supervision of activity/branch staff, and grants, contracts and cooperative agreement oversight. Incumbent works closely with the branch chief to ensure that all branch activities contribute to measurable results that are in accordance with agency regulations, PEPFAR strategic objectives, international ethical guidelines and standards for public health care
The job holder will additionally provide technical assistance for the intensive acceleration of PMTCT that is required at the central level to meet the Government’s commitment as a signatory of the Global Alliance to Ends AIDS high level commitment to eliminate MTCT
- This position will provide primary technical assistance and monitoring for agency support to the MOH for rapid and intensive strengthening of the national PMTCT program and act as primary focal point for agency government-to-government support for PMTCT activities
- Additionally, they will monitor and oversee implementation of Cervical Cancer Screening and Prevention (CECAP) with the branch, with a $5.5 million operating budget to assist the MOH to reduce the burden and mortality of Mozambicans from cervical cancer, which currently is the leading cause of cancer related deaths among HIV+ women in Mozambique
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available at the following link: goo.gl/ZcPS42
Embaixada dos Estados Unidos da América
Reporta um problema
Ajuda-nos a melhorar o emprego.co.mz
Usa este formulário somente para reportar erro e não para enviar o teu CV. As mensagens enviadas através deste formulário não são encaminhadas para os recrutadores.
Como posso candidatar-me a vagas através do emprego.co.mz?