- The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is now searching for a dynamic and driven Senior Project Manager to join the GAIN Mozambique team and lead on the strategic oversight and overall implementation and delivery of the Sustainable Food System (SFS) project components. This role is offered on a permanent basis and will be based in Pemba, Cabo Delgado Province, Mozambique
- Reporting to the Head of Programs, the Senior Project Manager will lead on the strategic oversight and overall implementation and delivery of the Sustainable Food System (SFS) project components. This project aims primarily to strengthen and repair the local food system in the southern segment of Cabo Delgado province, which has been severely impacted by conflict, drought, and long-standing under-investment. Ultimately, the project seeks to protect the consumption of the poorer residents of five vulnerable districts, including internally displaced persons from conflict areas and their hosts, with actions to improve both the availability and the affordability of safe and nutritious foods in their communities
- The Senior Project Manager will also be responsible for the line management and mentoring of SFS managers, associates and assistants. They will also be responsible for operational management of the Pemba office working with the Head of Programs to monitor the systems and business processes for finance, HR, contracts, facilities and IT that are integrated and aligned with the Maputo office and the organization as a whole. This role is offered on a permanent basis and will be based in Pemba, Cabo Delgado Province, Mozambique
- Overseeing and leading in providing oversight, technical direction, activity planning and implementation of strategies, project timelines and interventions as desired under the project
- Effectively providing technical guidance, advice and support to relevant project stakeholders in facilitating planning and interventions to ensure project delivery and mitigation strategy implementation
- Responsibility for meditation between stakeholders and in flagging any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of the project
- Managing the implementation of project activities and deliverables to ensure they are completed in a timely manner, in accordance to Project Management Guidelines, and in collaboration with the relevant GAIN programs, local partners, and country leadership
- Leading on the efficient management of project funds, resource allocation, budgets and forecasting
- Establishing, maintaining and managing working relations with diverse stakeholders in order to ensure the success of the project
- Maintaining high level liaison with government stakeholders (country level) and other organizations working on complementary projects in the country context to share knowledge and best practice
- Leading, managing and motivating the project team, creating an environment that enables staff to maximize their potential
- Ensuring the recruitment, management, and development of high performing team in line with the demands of the project work plan
- Under the supervision of the Head of Programs, monitoring the systems and business processes for finance, HR, contracts, facilities and IT that are integrated and aligned with the Maputo office
- Applicants for this role should have proven experience in international development within a project management/project leadership role with an existing network in Mozambique. They should have demonstrable experience in delivering projects on time and on budget and should be confident using project management processes and tools to ensure that project goals are consistently met. They should have a strong understanding of Mozambique’s public health sector and existing food systems, and ideally will have previous experience working with the Mozambique government at county and/or national levels
- In addition to the above, applicants should possess at least a Master’s Degree in project management, business administration, nutrition, food science, health, international development, or a relevant field. Additional certifications in project management or business administration are highly desirable
- The starting salary on offer for this role is $37,909 per annum
- GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance
- We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling
- GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in Mozambique. Please note that GAIN are currently unable to sponsor working visas.
- The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organization and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
Perfil da empresa
- The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
Gain – Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition
Gestão de Projectos
Partilhar vaga por email
Partilha esta vaga
Preenche o formulário
Reporta um problema
Ajuda-nos a melhorar o emprego.co.mz
Usa este formulário somente para reportar erro e não para enviar o teu CV. As mensagens enviadas através deste formulário não são encaminhadas para os recrutadores.
Como posso candidatar-me a vagas através do emprego.co.mz?