- The Office of Overseas Prosecutorial Development, Assistance and Training (OPDAT) uses American prosecutors to provide technical assistance and training to foreign counterparts across a variety of areas. The Justice Sector intern will work with the OPDAT Legal Advisor to engage Mozambican government officials, financial sector representatives, judges, attorneys, and civil society organizations in developing good governance practices
- Researching and monitoring of justice and law-related topics using a variety of sources, including media reports, academic papers, and/or reports published by civil society organizations
- Preparing short written summaries, oral briefings, or more in-depth research on focus topics including financial crimes, trafficking in persons/narcotics/wildlife, and transnational criminal organizations
- Analysis of Mozambican laws and legislation
- Attending meetings or briefings with OPDAT Legal Advisor and Political-Economic Section team and other contacts
- Supporting other Political-Economic Section events and projects as required
- Ability to work remotely as needed under the supervision of OPDAT Legal
- Language: English (written, spoken, listening – Level 3 or higher) and Portuguese (written, spoken, listening – Level 4). This will be tested
- Computer: General computer skills – familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, ability to conduct research online.
- Education: Pursuing bachelor’s or master’s degree in Law or a related field of study, with at least one year of a bachelor’s degree completed
- Experience: Academic or professional experience in the legal or justice sector, and/or previous experience working with a governmental or civil society organization is preferred but not required
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- All qualified Mozambican students who meet the education requirements
- Only applications written in English will be received and considered
- Please note that U.S Embassy in Maputo, Mozambique (and all U.S. Government agencies and Departments) NEVER requires payment of any money in connection with a job application.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
- DS-174 form in ENGLISH link here: https://bit.ly/3jGvw4S
- Copy of school transcript as proof of degree, certification, and employment documents. (ID or Passport)
- Send your Documentation to MaputoHRRecruitment@state.gov with the Subject line “Justice Sector Intern”
Embaixada dos Estados Unidos da América
Estágios e Bolsas
Partilhar vaga por email
Partilha esta vaga
Preenche o formulário
Reporta um problema
Ajuda-nos a melhorar o emprego.co.mz
Usa este formulário somente para reportar erro e não para enviar o teu CV. As mensagens enviadas através deste formulário não são encaminhadas para os recrutadores.
Como posso candidatar-me a vagas através do emprego.co.mz?